WOMEN’S INDIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
REPUBLIC OF MALTA – INDIA BILATERAL BUSINESS COUNCIL
United Together, Creating and Leading the way.
A Masterpiece of creativity towards Sustainablity and Growth, a Renaissance towards Agenda 2030.
# +9 IN FAVOR OF LIFE
ABOUT THE FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT
DR. HARBEEN ARORA
The founder and President of the organisation is Dr. Harbeen Arora. She is also Global Chairperson of the ALL Ladies League (ALL) & Women Economic Forum (WEF) Chancellor, Rai University, INDIA Founder, BIOAYURVEDA Founder as well as SHEconomy and who was also chosen as one of the Top 100 Most Reputable People on Earth (Reputation Poll 2019) India.
Thought Leader, Global Icon & Visionary for Women, Businesswoman, Philanthropist, Author, Humanitarian, Spiritual Seeker and Compelling Speaker, Dr. Harbeen Arora manifests multifaceted leadership with strength & simplicity.
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT ALL Ladies League (ALL), Women Economic Forum (WEF), SHEconomy, Women’s Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (WICCI)Dr. Arora is the Founder of ALL, WEF, SHEconomy and WICCI.With a powerful global network of 250,000 women and supporters across 120 countries, and growing toward ‘Mission Million,’ these platforms and ecosystems are among the largest global communities of women entrepreneurs and leaders across all walks of life.
ALL Ladies League (ALL) is our She-for-She movement for uniting the women of the world as ‘sisters beyond borders’; Women Economic Forum (WEF) is our conference platform for women’s greater visibility, voice, and recognition as we speak, share, connect and collaborate for our ‘business beyond borders’; SHEconomy is our e-commerce platform for both goods and services by women entrepreneurs for energising our “e-commerce beyond borders’ ; and WICCI is our industry and business chamber for ‘advocating policies beyond borders,’ for empowering our influence on policies and decision-making.
In particular, WEF has held 41 editions globally from 2015-2020, including in USA (Los Angeles/New Mexico/Santa Barbara/ New York-UN), Canada (Vancouver), UK (London, Birmingham), Europe (Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia), Nordics (Iceland), Caribbean (Grenada), MENA (Egypt, Tunisia); Australia (Perth), Latin America (Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Argentina), and across India (Delhi, Bangalore, Gurugram, Chennai, Madurai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Goa). Highlights of various editions can be viewed on WEFTV.
Eminent dignitaries and thought leaders have spoken on our WEF platform, including Heads of States, Nobel Laureates, Royalty, Ministers, Mayors, Businesswomen, University Presidents and Professors, Judges, Industrialists, Ambassadors & Diplomats, Celebrities, Entrepreneurs & Youth.
BUSINESS EMPOWERMENT Dr. Arora has investments in sectors of health and wellness, agriculture, skill development, real estate, and renewable energy. Her company Arganshe owns the world famous BIOAYURVEDA brand in organic and Ayurvedic health, healing, wellness & wellbeing.
PHILANTHROPY & COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP All the platforms for women empowerment viz. ALL, WEF, WICCI, SHEconomy are free and philanthropic, and are dedicated to empowering local and global ecosystems of sisterhood, support and success for women’s entrepreneurship and leadership.Dr. Arora is also the Chancellor of Rai University in Ahmedabad, Rai Technology University in Bangalore and Jharkhand Rai University in Ranchi, India. These universities focus on educating youth from underserved sections of society especially in fields of farming and agriculture toward empowering local livelihoods and capacity building.
CULTURE & PEACE A business leader with great affinity for philanthropy, culture and peace, Dr. Arora has vast experience with promoting: ancient heritage of traditional handlooms and crafts; tourism, arts and culture; international trade & ties, business collaborations and partnerships; conflict resolution and peace building.
AUTHOR She is the author of three books on the subjects of creative living, human values and higher education viz. *Creative Living: Discovering your Beautiful Path and Lifestyle toward Happiness and Well-being ; *The Seven Sacred Sai Values Innate in Every Human Being: How to Apply Them in Our Daily Lives for Happiness, Peace and Well-being; and *Dawn of a New Vibrant India.
SPIRITUALITY & BELIEFS She is the author of three books on the subjects of creative living, human values and higher education viz. *Creative Living: Discovering your Beautiful Path and Lifestyle toward Happiness and Well-being ; *The Seven Sacred Sai Values Innate in Every Human Being: How to Apply Them in Our Daily Lives for Happiness, Peace and Well-being; and *Dawn of a New Vibrant India.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES Recognised and lauded for her work across India and Internationally, Dr. Arora has received many accolades for her relentless and selfless leadership and exalted vision of women empowerment with peace, parity and prosperity for All. She was listed among the top 100 Most Reputable People on Earth by Reputation Poll in 2019. The list also featured Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, Queen Elizabeth and Oprah Winfrey. She was honored by the Evolutionary Business Council, USA as a Global Impact Leader wherein nominees included the Dalai Lama. She was honored by the President of Egypt at the World Youth Forum 2018. She has been felicitated for Excellence in Women Empowerment by Indo-American Chamber of Commerce, and received the National Award for Social Entrepreneurship and Education by Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry in India.
PERSONAL EDUCATION Dr. Arora holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Delhi University, Masters from King’s College, London University and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA), and PhD from Sorbonne Nouvelle, University of Paris III.
LANGUAGES With a passion and flair for languages, Dr. Arora is fluent in four languages: English, Hindi, Punjabi, French, and it is her constant endeavour to keep learning more.
A National Business Chamber for Women, Women’s Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, (WICCI) boosts and builds women’s entrepreneurship and businesses through greater engagement with government, institutions, global trade and networks.
To share a perspective on our various endeavours and free platforms for women empowerment over the years, with a collective strength of 250,000+ members across 120+ countries: ALL Ladies League (ALL) is a movement of “sisters beyond borders” with circles of sisterhood worldwide in a She-for-She spirit; Women Economic Forum (WEF) is a global conference platform for women worldwide to speak, share, connect and collaborate for business beyond borders; SHEconomy is our e-commerce and trade platform for both goods and services by women worldwide; and WICCI is our industry and business chamber which works closely with the government, other chambers, corporates, universities and diverse stakeholders across India and Internationally, toward empowering local and global ecosystems in support of women’s enterprises and businesses.
WICCI enables fundamental changes in governmental policies, laws and incentives with a view to robustly encourage and empower women in business, industry and commerce across all sectors.
WICCI with its 850+ Councils at National, Regional, State, City and Bilateral levels, comprising 17,000 office bearers in honorary roles, along with the 3 National Boards viz. Governing, Advisory and Executive, suggest from time to time concrete steps and recommendations to empower women-owned businesses to become more competitive. All councils prepare & submit policy recommendations for the government/authorities as required.
Councils further act as networking powerhouses and support groups for women to grow their businesses and careers.
National Boards: There are 3 National Boards comprising Governing, Advisory and Executive.
- National Governing Board: This apex national board provides the thought leadership to the national sector councils on the vision and policies required to help integrate women into mainstream industry and commerce, toward a robust and thriving parity.
- National He-for-She Advisory Board: This advisory national board comprises invited He-for-She industry and policy leaders from India and abroad.
- National Executive Board: This executive national board comprises ex-officio presidential representation of all the WICCI councils at National, Regional, State, City and Bilateral levels.National & Regional Councils: There are National Sector Councils across 160+ sectors. There are 4 Regional Councils.
- National Sector Councils: Representing each of the 160+ Sectors at a National level.
- Regional Councils: Coordinating for Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western regions across India.
State & City Councils: There are State Sector Councils in each State/UT of India in all of the 160+ sectors. There are also unitary State Councils that help coordinate all the sectoral state councils in their States and its Cities. There are further unitary city councils that are non-sectoral.
- State Councils & Union Territory (UT) Councils: Coordinating for State Sector Councils. They help connect the work all the sectoral State Councils and help set up the City Councils.
- State/UT Sector Councils: Representing each of the 160+ Sectors at a State level.
- City Councils: Multi-sectoral councils at city level which offer policy and practical suggestions to local administration and government departments at the grassroots for enabling women, with a multi-stakeholder approach.
Bilateral Business Councils: There are bilateral councils with 100+ countries for global exchange and developing business connections and collaborations with women in India and abroad.
- Bilateral Business Councils: Bilateral Business Councils develop business opportunities for their members globally. They are not sector specific, but multi-sectoral. Their role is to coordinate with our sector specific State and National councils, and other bilateral councils as needed for business relations and expansion.
With active engagement of a wide cross-section of women entrepreneurs, businesses and professionals in all walks of life, we:
- Empower our collective influence on policy-making and decision-making at all levels;
- Empower our collective influence on policy-making and decision-making at all levels;
- Foster the much-needed momentum toward changes at all levels, enabling equitable growth, inclusive development, and sustainable approaches optimising economic growth and societal wellbeing.
WICCI and its manifold multi-sectoral and sector-specific Councils at International, National, Regional, State and City levels, suggest from time to time concrete steps and recommendations to relevant government authorities, engage in community outreach and collaborate with a variety of institutions to:
- develop policy frameworks for incentives and concessions especially regard improved access to finance and credit, and tax benefits;
- develop areas of focus sector-wise and with diverse stakeholders to mainstream women’s voices and uphold women’s interest, voice and visibility at multiple levels.
- hold programs, webinars, conferences, and especially around how to: raise funds, structure businesses, increase market share, drive sales, improve branding, and enable B2B collaborations.
- help mitigate our many challenges and boost business prospects through networking and mentoring;
- collaborate across councils in India and abroad in mutual exchange and empowerment, boosting business-to-business interaction and economic activity.
- strengthen women’s voice and leadership in the media and across institutions;
- and other measures that empower the competitiveness of Businesswomen, Entrepreneurs and Professionals, toward enhancing our economic inclusion and business growth overall.
WICCI Councils are flexibly structured, enabling them to work with inclusion, diversity and self-determination, within an enabling organisational framework and a guiding Code of Conduct.
Across all our platforms, we work with a spirit of sisterhood in trust and togetherness and an ethos of participatory/distributed leadership. We seek active engagement of all council members. When thousands of us give our ideas, then we will truly understand what needs to be done and implemented. These ideas and thoughts should continuously come from all strata of life and diverse backgrounds, so that one can assimilate and implement with understanding of what is truly required at grassroots for policy and mindset change. It is these diverse inputs that form the broad basis of many of the unique ideas and innovative actions/recommendations evolved by councils and presented to various government authorities.